1. Identity of data controller
Where used in this Policy, "TSO" means The Stationery Office Limited, having its registered office at 55 Wells Street, London, W1A 3EA or any of its subsidiaries or related companies. For the purposes of applicable legislation, including the EU General Data Protection Regulation, as amended or supplemented (the "Data Protection Laws"), the TSO group company that you have dealings with is the controller of your personal information.
2. Relationship between The Stationery Office LTD and HSE
TSO hosts, manages and fulfils orders made through this Site on behalf of The Health and Safety Executive ("HSE"). Personal information we collect about you including: your name, email address, item(s) purchased, whether or not you have asked to receive marketing from HSE will to a limited extent be shared with HSE for various purposes including:
- to support HSE's business operations and understand and manage demand from the public for HSE's goods or services;
- to facilitate monitoring of our performance in providing relevant goods or services under concession from HSE and the relationship between TSO and HSE;
- to enforce or protect our rights under relevant agreements with HSE;
- to transition the running of HSE's Books website, and the provision of related services, to a third party in the event that TSO and HSE choose to end their arrangement.
If you have any questions about how your personal information may be processed by HSE, you can contact HSE's Data Protection Officer by email at DPO@hse.gov.uk or in writing at:
Data Protection Officer
Health and Safety Executive
1.3 Redgrave Court Merton Road, Bootle
3. Our Data Protection Officer
Our Data Protection Officer can also be contacted by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing at:
Data Protection Officer
Williams Lea Tag
PO Box 29
4. How we collect and process your personal information
5. Our legal basis for using your personal information
When you sign up for an account on our Site
If you sign up for an account on our Site, we will collect basic information about you including your name, email address, and telephone number. We will use the information that we collect about you to:
- create and maintain your account;
- allow you to log in to the Site;
- coontact you about your account and the services that we offer.
When you contact us
If you contact us by telephone, email, post or using another function offered by our Site, e.g. livechat we will collect any information about you that you choose to give us. We will use this information to review, investigate and respond to any comment or question that you may raise.
Information we collect automatically from you
The information we automatically collect may include your
Internet Protocol (IP) address, software configuration, aggregate use
We will not usually be able to identify you from this information. Cookies are
small files sent from us to your computer where they are stored and may be
If you create an account or place an order through our Site, our legal basis for processing your personal information is that it is necessary for the performance of the Terms and Conditions between you and us. In all other circumstances, including where you contact us, our legal basis for processing personal information is that it is necessary for our legitimate interests in conducting our business and meeting the requirements of our current and prospective customers.
6. How we may share your personal information
We will disclose the personal information we hold about you to:
- our group companies and affiliates;
- our service providers, including IT hosting companies;
- banks, other financial institutions and credit reference agencies;
- payment service providers;
- third party companies in the event that we are involved in a corporate transaction such as an actual or potential merger, joint venture, consolidation or asset sale;
- professional advisors such as attorneys, accountants, auditors, financial and other professionals;
- regulatory authorities, including tax authorities;
- law enforcement agencies, courts and other relevant tribunals.
7. International transfers of personal information
We process your personal information using data centers located inside the European Union and, in some cases, using data centers located outside the European Union. Where we transfer personal information to our group companies or other third parties outside of the European Economic Area, we will ensure that those transfers take place in accordance with the applicable data protection laws, including by entering into data transfer agreements with recipients. If you would like more information about how your personal information may be transferred, please contact us at email@example.com.
8. Retention of your personal information
The period for which we will retain personal information will vary depending on the purposes that it was collected for, as well as the requirements of any applicable law or regulation:
- if you have signed up for an account on our Site, we will store your personal information and the information in your account for as long as is necessary to provide the account, and for the period for which you or we could bring legal proceedings in relation to the running of your account;
- if you order a product through our Site, we will store your personal information and information about your order for as long as is necessary to comply with applicable tax legislation, and for the period for which you or we could bring legal processing in relation to your order.
9. Your rights
You may have certain rights in relation to the personal information we collect about you. These may include the right to request access to your personal information, to request that it is erased, that its processing is restricted, or that any inaccurate personal information is rectified. You may also have the right to object to the processing of your personal information, or in some circumstances to obtain a copy of the personal information in machine readable format. Any such request should be submitted in writing to:
You also have the right to complain about the use of your personal information to a local supervisory authority, which in the UK is the Information Commissioner's Office. You can contact them via their website at www.ico.org.uk or write to them at:
Information Commissioner's Office,
This Policy will be reviewed from time to time to take account of changes to our operations or practices and, further, to make sure it remains appropriate to any changes in law, technology and the business environment. Any personal information held will be governed by our most current Policy.
11. Links to third party websites
12. Contact us
If you have any questions or wish to contact us please contact us at: