- Latest Titles
- Featured Titles
Health and Safety in Construction
The Construction Design and Management Regulations 2015 (CDM 2015) came into force in Great Britain on 6 April 2015. They set out what people involved in construction work need to do to protect themselves from harm and anyone the work affects.
HSE publishes a wide variety of publications offering advice and guidance based on legislation for workers, managers and the general public. The guidance is available to buy or download for free.
Whatever your role in construction, CDM aims to improve health and safety in the industry by helping you to:
- sensibly plan the work so the risks involved are managed from start to finish
- have the right people for the right job at the right time
- cooperate and coordinate your work with others
- have the right information about the risks and how they are being managed
- communicate this information effectively to those who need to know
- consult and engage with workers about the risks and how they are being managed
HSE has published Guidance that supports construction safety and explains it in more detail.