- Purchasing from categories and search results
- Purchasing using the 'Quick Order' facility in 'Your Account'
There are a number of easy ways in which purchases can be made on the Online Bookshop:
- All publications listed feature a Add to Basket button. Clicking this puts the publication straight into your shopping basket ready for you to purchase.
- All search results from both 'Quick Search' and 'Advanced Search' include the Add to Basket button. See 'Searching for publications'.
- Using the multiple ISBN order entry facility in 'Your Account' under the 'Quick Order' Option. See 'Purchasing using the "Quick Order" facility in "Your Account" below.
For details on accepted methods of payment see 'Payment'.
Purchasing from categories and search results
Once you have selected the book you wish to purchase click the Add to Basket button.
- The book will then be put directly into your shopping basket.
To find further publications click on the Continue Browsing button. You will then be returned either to the bookshop home page or to the category in which you were previously, where you can continue to browse or search.
Once you have completed your selection (and assuming you are not already logged in), click the Proceed to Checkout button featured on the shopping basket screen. This will take you to the log in screen. (Please note, you can view the items in your shopping basket at any time by clicking on the 'Shopping Basket' link on the bookshop navigation bar.)
Enter your username and password. (If you have not yet registered with the online bookshop click on the "New users please click here to register" link and complete the online registration form. Once you have completed the registration form click the Submit button, you will then be asked to log in.)
- If you have forgotten your password you can click the 'Please e-mail my password' link to have your password sent to you by e-mail. Otherwise, you will be taken to the logged-in shopping basket.
Check that your delivery address displayed is correct. If you wish to change the delivery address click Change Address. See 'Delivery Addresses' in 'Managing Your Account'.
To purchase more than one copy of a publication, enter the required number into the quantity field and click the Update button below any quantity field. The screen will then be refreshed to display the revised contents of your shopping basket.
To remove an item from your shopping basket click the Remove button beside the item you wish to remove. The screen will then be refreshed to display the revised contents of your shopping basket.
- If you would like to have your goods dispatched by a special carriage type and not standard surface mail, click on the drop-down menu at the foot of the page and select one of the special delivery options available. For further information on the range of delivery options available see our 'Delivery' help section.
Once you have selected your carriage type, click on the Update button. The screen will then refresh to display your revised shopping basket total (including the relevant carriage and handling charge). Details of the dispatch methods selected will be displayed in the 'Carriage Type' field.
- If you are happy with the contents of your shopping basket choose the method of payment you wish to use, either 'Account Purchase' (credit account holders only) or 'Card Purchase', and click the relevant button.
Purchasing using the 'Quick Order' facility in 'Your Account'
- Click on 'Your Account' (If you have not already logged in you will be prompted to do so at this point).
- Click on the 'Quick Order' option.
- If required enter a order reference in the 'Customer Order Reference' field - this field is optional. However, if you are an account customer your accounts department may require an order number to appear on the invoice.
- Enter the ISBNs of the publications you wish to order - you can enter multiple ISBNs.
- Enter the quantity of each required in the 'Quantity' field.
- If required enter a reference in each 'Line Ref' field - this field is optional.
Click on the Check Title/Price/Status button to check stock availability and price. The stock availability will be displayed under the Status column.
Add the books you wish to purchase to your shopping basket by clicking the Add Items to Basket button.
- Your selected publications will now be displayed in your shopping basket.
- If you are a credit account holder and entitled to any special discounts these will now be displayed.
- In cases where VAT is applicable (for example, on electronic item purchases within the EU) this will also be calculated and displayed.
All orders placed on the Online Bookshop can be tracked through the 'Order Status' option under 'Your Account', which can be accessed at any time through the main bookshop header at the top of each page.