Stress Indicator Tool
From the outset, all organisations must be realistic - culture change happens slowly and changing the attitudes and behaviours that influence your culture takes effort, commitment, resource and, most importantly, time.
Rather than becoming overwhelmed by what might first appear to be a monumental task, it is helpful to look at the wider process and break down what you are trying to do into more manageable steps.
A successful survey depends on paying attention to these key areas and following a logical step-by-step approach.
Creating your account
To create your account, follow these simple 7 steps or watch the demonstration video.
Guidance on creating your survey account
- Click on the link and click ‘Create a HSE SDS account’
- Enter your email address, full name and telephone number
- Read and accept the terms and conditions
- Click ‘Create account’
- Go to your email inbox and click ‘Activate my account’
- Enter a secure password and click ‘Activate my account’
- That’s it, your account is now created. Click on the ‘Go to my HSE SDS home page’ link to start using the tool.
The first stage of the process is to consider why you are carrying out the survey, what you hope to achieve and how the information gathered will help meet your goals. Do you want to use the information to improve, or benchmark your organisation against others, or evaluate the impact of change initiatives?
Visit the supporting resources section to find these documents that will support with the plan phase:
- Understanding the management standards approach
- Building the business case
- Securing management commitment
- SIT checklist
- Stress policy
- Roles and responsibilities
- Stress workbook
- The whitepaper on managing stress as part of prevention culture
The second stage of the process is to build your survey using the HSE survey delivery system. The video provides a full demonstration of how to set-up your survey.
Build SIT Webinar
Visit the supporting resources section to find these documents that will support with the build phase:
- Administrator and user FAQs
The third stage of the process is to collect responses for your survey. This is one of the most important parts of the survey, as collecting accurate responses is imperative to understanding your workers thoughts and perceptions. The video provides a demonstration of how to collect responses using the system. We also provide a wealth of resources to support getting higher response rates.
Collect SIT Webinar
Visit the supporting resources section to find these documents that will support with the collect phase:
- Workforce briefing messages
- Messages for your company Intranet and SharePoint pages
- Awareness posters and flyers
The fourth stage of the process is to analyse the results. The stress indicator tool report is fully automated, meaning you do not have to spend time collating the data and inputting the results manually. Once a minimum of 10 responses have been collected, it summarises the views and experiences of your employees and provides recommendations for future improvements. The video provides a demonstration of how to analyse and compare responses using the system.
Analyse SIT Webinar
The final stage of the process is to continually review and evaluate. The HSE suggests that you monitor and review the effectiveness of your action plan and evaluate whether it is having the desired effect. The information can be used to shape your future strategies and to help you identify the most suitable areas in which to invest your resources.
Visit the supporting resources section to find these documents that will support with the moving forward phase:
- Steering groups
- Focus groups
- Talking toolkit
- Return to work discussion template
- Line managers competency tool
For more information and support
Tel: +44 (0)333 202 5070