The Official HSE Health and Safety app for SMEs
Guidance at your fingertips
The Health and Safety Executive (HSE) are delighted to announce the release of a bespoke mobile app, designed to help organisations understand the law, their health and safety rights, and their responsibilities.
HSE's mission is to prevent death, injury and ill-health in Great Britain's workplaces. Ensuring that guidance is available and accessible in a variety of formats is central to achieving this objective.
Created in partnership with The Stationery Office (TSO), the app is primarily for small and medium sized businesses to help them better understand the law and what is required to protect employees.
The app is now available as a 'public beta' and can be downloaded on your Apple or Android device from either the iOS or Google Play Store.
What does the HSE app include?
The app contains three main sections:
1. The Health and Safety Toolbox (HSG268)
This section explains what the law requires and the responsibilities an employer has. It provides an overview of all potential risks, so an employer can identify which areas are applicable to their organisations. Users can easily navigate through the content and find the guidance using the built-in search function.
- How to manage health and safety
- Your organisation
- Your workers
- Your workplace
- Electrical safety
- Fire safety
- Gas safety
- Harmful substances
- Machinery, plant and equipment
- Manual handling
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Pressure equipment
- Risk assessments
- Slips and trips
- Working at height
- Working in confined spaces
- Work-related stress
- Workplace transport
2. A Guide to Managing Risk
This section provides a simple step-by-step guide and practical advice on how to manage risk within an organisation. It includes:
- Steps needed to manage risk
- Identify hazards
- Assess the risks
- Control the risks
- Record findings
- Review the controls
- Risk assessment template and examples
3. Work-Related Stress
This section includes a condensed version of HSE's stress management standards approach. Designed for smaller organisations, it comprises a step by step guide to manage work-related stress for:
- Small organisations (up to 50 employees)
- Medium-size organisations (51-250 employees)
- Medium-size organisations, with multiple sites
The app also includes:
- An intuitive search function - so users can find the guidance and content more quickly
- Key products section - easily browse and purchase the Health and Safety Law Poster, Accident Book or Managing for Health and Safety publication (HSG65)
- Automatic live updates - so users have the latest guidance and content sent automatically to their device
How do I download the HSE app?
The HSE health and safety app is now available as a public beta and can be downloaded at an introductory rate of only £2.99 from the Apple iOS store and the Google Play Store.
Use the links below to download on your device:
If you would like some more information or have a question about the app, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org